Tuesday 3 September 2013

Task 2

Q1: As a child my favorite books were the Cherub series. Although they were not as challenging as other childhood books, The Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, I enjoyed the amusing easy read Cherub gave. I was about 11 when I started reading the series. I couldn't put down the thrilling adventures of James and friends as they entered the challenging world of the MI5 secret organisation CHERUB. One of the many features about the Cherub series was, although it is a childs book it includes some mature content which made it even more special and exciting for a child of that age.

Q2: I would say my favorite genre to read are fantasy books. My favorite trilogy is the Lord of The Rings, I loved to imagine the elfish town of Rivendale or the Dwarven mines of Moria. I think books that push your imagination to the limit are the most amusing to read and this is one of the main differences with fantasy. I think of fantasy books as a place that I can escape to. If I've had a hard day or its just a boring rainy day, the world of fantasy is somewhere I can escape to and forget about all the worries in the real world.

Q3: The adventures of a new world can engage me for hours. Making the reader use their imagination is the key feature to writing a sell out book. Forcing  the reader to think will engage them with the story and almost feel like they are actually there. This makes the story fun for the reader and will engage them for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment